Strength Through Art Network Diversity
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me to add your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
SEEKING IMMIGRANT AND REFUGEE ARTISTS
Aside from the high cost of production
and difficulty finding an audience for theatre artists in Vancouver, almost all immigrant and refugee artists face more challenges creating a new show due to the language barrier and not knowing the resources.
STAND OUT is a collaborative production way to help immigrant and refugee theatre artists to create and present their new work.
In this way, Blackout brings together
a group of established theatre companies sharing their knowledge and resources to support immigrant and refugee artists to create and present their gigs.
You can apply if you:
• are an immigrant/refugee artist or a group of immigrants/refugee (Age is not considered)
• have producing experience
• don't have access to a venue
• have a project to pitch
• need extra support and help to make your gig happen
• are looking to produce a full production of a show
• are entirely available for tech and performances between November 01 – December 30, 2022
• are willing to work generously and collaboratively
• can commit to ten meetings between March 01 – October 01, 2022, dates TBD.
Artist benefits are individual to each project and may include:
• Ongoing mentoring and consultation with an established artist during the production
• Three weeks rehearsal space
• Full day of tech time in the venue
• A stand-alone performances in Presentation House Theatre’s venue (Dates TBD)
• Technical director and lighting designer
• Live stream coverage if needed
• Box office ticketing support and Front-of-House staff
• Basic Publicity
• 100% of net Box Office revenues
• A secured spot for the show at STAND Festival 2022
HOW TO APPLY?
please use this link to upload a document that answers the following questions, with no more than 450 words per question.
• Who are you as an immigrant artist?
• What have you done before this?
• A brief overview of your production
• Who is involved (your team)?
• What do you anticipate in the budget, and your current funding plans?
• What is your production timeline for the period of six month?
• Why you and your project should be a part of STAND OUT?
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 01, 2022, at 5:00 pm PST.
We will select three applications to support and announce the result by March 15, 2022.
Applicants are evaluated by the jury from Blackout, Presentation House Theatre, and established theatre artists.
If you still have question please email us at: email@example.com
We always leave the door open for new members; If you would like to work with the Blackout Theater Company, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Joining Blackout” or message us from the box below.
This is a great place to tell people more about yourself and peak their interest.
For more info, they can follow you on social in a click.
1903- 989 Beatty ST,Vancouver V6Z 3C2