top of page
STAND ALONE is a collaborative way to help immigrant and refugee playwrights to develop their new work.
In this way, Blackout brings together
a group of established playwrights sharing their knowledge and resources to support immigrant and refugee playwrights to create and present their plays.
You can apply if you:
• are an immigrant/refugee playwright(Age is not considered)
• have an idea for a short play (15-20 minutes)
• need extra support and help to make your new play happen
• are willing to work generously and collaboratively
• can commit to finish the first draft of your play until Sep 15, 2023
Artist benefits include:
• Ongoing mentoring and consultation with an established playwright during the development
• Play reading session the final play by professional artists
• Basic Publicity
• $350 honorarium fee
HOW TO APPLY?
Please email us a document that answers the following questions, with no more than 300 words per question:
• Who are you as an immigrant playwright?
• What have you done before this?
• A brief overview of your idea?
• Why you and your project should be a part of STAND ALONE?
The deadline to apply is Saturday, January 5, 2023, at 5:00 pm PST.
Applicants are evaluated by the jury from Blackout, Presentation House Theatre, and established theatre artists.
If you still have question please email us at: email@example.com
Mentors for the STAND ALONE 2022
Blackout Art Society delighted to inform Dave Deveau,and Zahida Rahemtulla are our mentors for the STAND ALONE 2022.
Selected Artists for the STAND ALONE 2022
Blackout Art Society is delighted to announce the selected artists for the STAND ALONE 2022 program.
bottom of page